View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 10:02 PM   #27
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Putting some needs together...and netting Pierce

I don't think Boston is a payroll-cutting mode. They're doing okay right now. You must bear in mind that Ainge is apparently feverishly working toward building a team with a great deal of potential, and the birdsanctuary correctly points out that he needs a PG to comfortably do that. I have long believed that Harris is a valuable enough chip to make a point-guard-starved team bite. Where else you gonna get a young PG with that much potential?

It is probably fair to say that Terry is a better player than West or Banks. It is also safe to say that Boston does not see Banks as part of the future. They didn't even take him to summer league!

There is an excellent match to be made here, but only if Pierce does not command a better deal in the trade market. But think about it: who is willing to give up a blue-chip 1 or 5 for Paul Pierce? Memphis would desperately love to have him, but they have neither commodity. Other bluechippers aren't going anywhere. I really do think that the Mavs would part with Harris if it would help their team in the short run. This is a match made in heaven.

I don't know what kind of bridges Finley built in Phoenix, but Ainge did coach him at one point. I'm keeping my eyes on this situation.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote