View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 11:51 AM   #14
echo

echo is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Diop, Moore, Johnson (and other centers)

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Miles
Diop is where Hunter was last year, not much difference. The 62 win Suns went with a veteran minimum bust backup C and now he is getting paid millions. They are everywhere, all you do is sign them and play them and their value rises.

All the team is doing is replacing 2.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg, .82 bpg, 45.2% fg's. That is what Bradley gave the team as the backup last year in 77 games off the bench, 11.5 mpg. It isn't exactly tough to find guys that can replace that and more.

True, but I trust a guy that had one productive season as a backup more than a guy that has had none. Are you convinced Diop is more ready than DJ or even PPod? If so how? If not, why bring him in. With Moore or Booth you know what you're getting. By season's end I would like to see DJ as our primary backup, but if he falters I would rather have a guy who has at least some experience. Bringing in Diop almost insures that Dirk plays heavy center minutes if Diop/DJ falter. A center that that can't hit 40% of his FG's doesn't exactly inspire me.
echo is offline   Reply With Quote