View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 12:36 PM   #17
echo

echo is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Diop, Moore, Johnson (and other centers)

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Miles
Backup Cs are like NFL kickers, they all do the same thing basically. Sure, there are some really good ones like Morten Anderson (or Mutombo/Gadzuric this year in FA), but the majority of them are guys that are interchangable.

Just bring one in, give him some minutes in preseason competing with DJ, and in the end you have three guys you can play in a game at C and one in the NBDL in case of emergency.

3/3/1 (and that is rounding up!) is what the team is replacing here.
I agree that the pickings are pretty slim now. There were guys who definitely would have been an upgrade over Bradley, but they are gone. Now you simply have to roll the dice on inexperience versus a proven, yet mediocre backup. Based on potential I like DJ the most, but he could very well flop (like Diop has so far) and be less productive than a mediocre Moore or Booth. Assuming a Boston trade for Pierce (and either Raef or Blount) isn't in the works I guess you roll the dice and if DJ/Diop or Moore are not working out you try and make a trade in season. I just hate it when Dirk gets heavy center minutes.

echo is offline   Reply With Quote