View Single Post
Old 08-13-2005, 05:32 PM   #36
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE:Fin In Indy? Our Theory: Mavs-Pacers Will Deal

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Tipping one of the baby bigs gets you down to 15. Do you still do it then?
Dampier/Pollard/DJ/Pavel
Dirk/KVH/Bender
JHo/Powell/Marshall
Stack/Doug/Daniels
Terry/Harris/AJohnson

I'd say you take all players in to camp and see where they are and how they fit. The Mavs could easily be down on hope with Pavel or Daniels depending on how their game has come along, or Harris might have taken a big enough step where a 3rd true PG isn't needed. Either DC or Daniels could fill the void at PG if needed, in which case Johnson would be released. Johnson has only had two good seasons, he's aging, and doesn't rebound so for all we know he could be terrible next season. Also, does anyone know the status of Bender? He's an oft injured player, so he might not even be physically able to play this year, I really have no clue. Worst case scenario, we throw up our arms as we're between a rock and a hard place, we do a two for one, or trade a young player for a pick. If Daniels really doesn't fit in and hasn't improved, he could be traded to a team such as the Bobcats that can absorb his salary and give us a trade exception in return. Maybe this trade would open the doors for a PP trade or something, I don't know.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote