View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 11:00 AM   #19
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:When will it be enough?

Quote:
They should let him walk, he is a 30 year old backup forward.

Well he's a trade asset. Something some Mavs fans seem to underrate is how this organization became successful. It all started when we acquired Juwan Howard. From then on we made it our goal to make sure we always got talent in return for a departure. We even screwed over Nick Van Exel to do so. Is this being scrapped?

Quote:
Why do you expect Mark Cuban to be the only owner out of the contenders to have a payroll out of control?
Probably because he sold me that he was do whatever it takes to bring a franchise to Dallas. And if his goal is to copy what other franchises do then we are in even bigger trouble than I suspected.

Quote:
I suppose that would mean that Devin Harris had a heck of a 2nd year and is taking over the starting PG spot. I would be shocked if the team didn't re-sign Jet to be honest, hopefully he finishes his career as a Dallas Maverick in the same role Bobby Jackson had with the Kings for years.

You don't see the trend that's occurring? We are losing talent after talent for nothing. We'd have lost Steve Nash, Michael Finley, Shawn Bradley, Jason Terry, Jerry Stackhouse and Keith Van Horn in a 4-5 year span with no sort of compensation at all. That's a starting lineup. I just don't get how fans can be so calm about losing a player. Is it because you buy that we will actually be under the cap? I wonder how much we are under it when its time for Josh Howard to sign a new contract. I'm still trying to figure out how Cuban plans on going under the cap when he has contracts from Dirk, Finley, Dampier, Marquis and a new contract from Josh Howard on his books. Don't Finley and Dirk make up atleast 30 million by themselves?

Quote:
So, you let Van Horn, Wahad, Bradley, Finley, Stackhouse, etc...all expire in the next three years, extend Josh/Devin/Jet/Dirk and you are in the ballpark of the other contenders in terms of payroll.
And you actually believe we will be a contender with those four core guys? I don't think MJ could help that team when a championship.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote