View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 11:24 PM   #399
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Texas Rangers 05!

Just about every offseason blueprint I've read so far has us signing Burnett in the offseason & there are not words for the skepticism I feel here. What makes you think they're going to change now & suddenly pony up for a good pitcher? First of all, Hicks won't go over 3 years. And Burnett isn't going to be cheap. He's looked great since Florida went ahead & didn't trade him.

Another thing about Jamey's plan... if you're just going to take one pitching prospect for Sori, why not take Minne's package at the dealine? I will be incredibly annoyed if they don't get market value now. I'd rather we just keep him. Frankly, Kinsler's not exactly a gold glover at 2B either.

Also, stop signing mediocre veteran position players who block prospects. If you don't want to use those prospects, trade them for pitching. (Poor Marshall MacDougal. If it hurts me this bad to see them repeatedly trot Mark DeRosa out in RF, imagine how he must feel.)