View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 10:15 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Subscription Music Services

I make digital music player semiconductors/software/etc. for a living and we've been implementing microsofts playforsure digital rights management. It enables subscription services for music, Yahoo Unlimited, Napster to Go etc.. Anyway.....

-----
I've just subscribed to Yahoo Unlimited and since I've never downloaded copyrighted content, I find this service quite neato. I can go and listen to any artist that I've either liked in the past or hear about for a $5.00/month fee. And not have to find an old album somewhere for $18.00 bucks or so. I know I could just purchase the single song but I can't get away from my love-affair with down-tracks.

What I'm curious about is other folks impression of Yahoo or Napster or even iTunes (I believe that iTunes is still a per-copy purchase site). One thing I'd be interested in unnderstanding is if Yahoo/Napster/iTunes has more content.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote