Thread: HDTV help
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 10:19 AM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:HDTV help

Quote:
Originally posted by: AnMan21
i just bought an HDTV but can only get the analog (antenna) reception for HD - digital is slow to get to the area apparently. anyway, my tv has two inputs 1) cable, 2) antenna. so i'm ticked when i hear i have to buy an antenna to get the reception and the cowboys are on monday night (i just moved and cable is not set up yet), so i get the bright idea to plug cable wire into the antenna input and hold the pin with my thumb on the other end. i get a little reception, but have to hold it. then i'm like, if cable wire works, what if i screw the other end to the wall outlet and use all the wire behind the wall to increase reception?!?. came in so clear it's stupid. i can't believe how good the reception is on the HD through the airwaves.....you might give it a shot at least. won't hurt, and will only take you 5 minutes...

what tv d'you get?

Interesting...I'm assuming you hooked into the ground wire of the outlet?

About 3 years ago I had two antennaes installed. One in the attic (that had been put there years ago to catch over the air cowboy games) and then another I mounted on a mast. At first the one of the mast was really directional, but now it's pretty solid.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote