View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 04:24 PM   #37
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:[Poll] Who's the Mavs 2nd best player and why?

Quote:
Who's the best player? Nash, Dirk or Finley?

The answer there is why there is no question as to who is the best Maverick, not because who's here and who's not.
Not necessarily. Of Course Fin's pretty much dropped from the argument of who's the best among Dirk, Nash, and Fin. And unless Fin has a remarkable comeback year he won't be included in the argument again. But Nash is a whole different subject. Both Nash and Dirk were 1st team all-NBA. Nash was MVP and Dirk was runner-up. It's awful easy for someone who's not a Mav homer to argue that Nash is better than Dirk based on last year. Personally I think that Dirk is better player, but I'd have to say that Nash had the better season last year. If there was any doubt, Nash's playoff performance cinched it for me when compared to Dirks. I'll still keep Dirk over Nash.

But I think that Madape has a legit point here. Used to there was some legitimate basis for arguing who was the Mavs best player. Now there is none. And since we got nothing for Fin and especially Nash, looks like we've suffered a talent loss unless someone not named Dirk steps up really huge this coming season. And by really huge, I'd say at least all-star appearance and 2nd team all-NBA. Frankly I just don't see anyone on the Mavs doing that this coming season. But hey we can all hope that Nash's game will fall off and that Fin will retire. It has to happen sometime, but I wouldn't bet on it happening next season.