View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 04:56 PM   #23
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:What a shock!? BUSH popularity at all time low...

Quote:
Originally posted by: Usually Lurkin
These polls are all about the gas prices right now.
I bet approval ratings are down for everything - wal-mart; city councils; shoe comfort; environmental groups; hollywood movies; etc.
no, not everything, cuz I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

It will be quite ironic to have the rise in energy costs smack the repubs in mid term elections. After all, if the Cheney Energy Task Force had a) been open to who was involved, b) reveal exactly what they did/discussed and made WH policy. and c) offered up ANY program to reduce the cost of fuel. this issue could quite possibly be politically neutral.

As it is, the CETF did none of the above, causing many thinking voters to ask the question, "heck, just what is my government doing about the energy price squeeze?" as the costs to the consumer of gas & heating oil keep increasing.

OTOH, maybe this is just what the goal of the Cheney Energy Task Force was. With all the oil industry people who were rumoured to be on the committee, who else but they are profiting from the run up in prices?
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote