View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 11:07 AM   #8
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of
Default RE:Better defensively?????? REALLY????

Quote:
I still stick by that Christie is not here as a Finley replacement. He's gonna get whatever minutes Stack, Josh and Quis don't get and that's how it should be. I think Christie already had 1 foot out the door but thought he could atleast collect one more paycheck before leaving the game. I'm glad to see Mavs fans so confident about Christie but i'm not. He's even more of a question mark then Finley was and yea I know the guy was a great defender 2 years ago but things can change in a season. Just another question mark I have with this Mavs organization. Not really sure why we acquired and not really sure if he has anything left in the tank but hopefully he does. Hopefully this year the majority of the minutes at the 2 and 3 spot will belong to Quis and Josh.
I think you are right. I think Christie will be used the least of them. They will probably try to keep him fresh for playoffs.

Christie is a downgrade from Finley. I don't know how you argue otherwise. Finley is a more than capable scorer and did his share of defensive improvement last year. Recall that it was Finley, not Howard that played the best defense on TMAC last year. In fact, I think TMAC pretty much ate Howard up.

Howard's defensive prowess in not fully proven. Before I'm lanced for that. . .I'm yet to see Howard shut down the great scorers in this league (Kobe, TMAC). Yes, I think he is capable, but I know that Buckner, Bell, and Griffin could shut down those players and Howard is not there yet.

The comments about team defense are right on. We can only evaluated Howard's defensive abilities after a team defense atmosphere is established and maintained.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote