View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 05:22 PM   #49
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough
Default RE:The Aftermath. God be with Katrina's victims... and survivors.

I am disgusted by what I am reading! I have bit my tounge for a long time as this turned into a republican convention around here. I valued the right each of you have to your opinions, but when you continue to try to twist the truth to find any way to excuse what has happened over the last few days I can be silent no more.

Do any of you actually use your own eyes and ears and think for yourselves?! The president went golfing as thousands of people died. He lied about his knowledge of the levy danger. He waited days to send relief and, as a result, many people died...most of them elderly and poor.

As long as Bush continues to say he's a Christian, many will support him regardless. It seems to me that people are confusing George W with Jesus and he is definately not Jesus! WWJD? Probably not go golfing!

I guess since none of you have called New Orleans home or have family and friends there you don't care. What has happened is a disgrace I could have never imagined before this week.

I am proud of Mayor Nagin. He is speaking for the people of New Orleans and calling loudly for the help the people of his city need. I hope he speaks louder, curses more, and continues to fight for people the rest of nation and George Bush left to die.

If you support a president that puts his own recreation above the needs of the elederly and the poor in times of disaster I am ashamed to know you![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

God Bless the city of New Orleans, the people, the history, the culture and all it means to so many of us.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote