View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 08:50 PM   #55
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:The Aftermath. God be with Katrina's victims... and survivors.

Quote:
Originally posted by: southern_sweets
As for the charecter of the Bush supporters here, not one has asked about my family and friends or offered one word of sympathy for what has happened to my home town.
Really? The character of the Bush supporters here? We don't care about what's happened? Well let's see. I'm know I'm a Bush supporter...

Quote:
Orginally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
I just spent the week in Miami and just got a small taste of this monster. It was coming at us, so we went down to Key West to avoid it and wouldn't you know, it f*cking followed us there... Went back to Miami and saw some of the damage, trees knocked down, street lights bent over etc... But man, now this thing is unbelievable. Thoughts and prayers to the folks in Louisiana and Mississippi.

I'm pretty sure Doc is a Bush supporter (correct me if I'm wrong, Doc)

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
The real issue now isn't the damage or maybe even getting people out, but the inevitable medical crisis that is probably a day or so away. People will start looting food and that food will not have been kept cool. We will see salmonella and other similar illnesses almost immediately. Also, the water contains every chemical imaginable, raw sewage from the pipes and overflowed plants, gas, and every other thing that you can think of. People will die from exposure to these things within weeks. Illness could potentially claim as many people as the storm itself which by initial accounts is in the hundreds. I'll be surprised if there are less than a dozen murders over food riots. Believe it or not that is very typical in situations such as these. I'll also be surprised if we don't lose 50 people to medical ailments such as heart attack etc that could have otherwise been spared.

God bless those poor people.
Quote:
Orginally posted by: Drbio
I want to caution everyone about getting pissed off at looters so fast....having been in the emergency response field I will tell from a ton of experience that people are desperate to feed children and their families. It's hard to condemn a man for stealing baby food and diapers when his child is crying from starvation and covered in feces. It's the moron stealing VCR's and TV's in the TV shop that I wish we could beat down.

Seriously though...these people are desperate for food and water and will start doing things that many of us will not be able to understand. Many of the soldiers, emergency responders and law enforcement personnel are fortunately educated about this type of response. However, with a tragedy this big, theft etc will be widespread and rampant.

God bless those poor poor people
Go back through the thread again, cuz the Doc didn't start there. There was plenty of more sympathy, well wishing etc... after that from a few people, and I'd be willing to bet that more than one of them voted for Bush. Yeah, us Bush supporters... real cold-hearted, callused bastards... We don't give a shit about what's going on... We just want to play golf during major crises and exploit those less fortunate than ourselves with all that fat money we took out of the working man's pocket via Bush-tax cuts...

Quote:
You are all so kind! If it was your family in that filth waiting in vain for George to finish his golf game you might feel differently.
Actually, I have quite a bit of family right in New Orleans, whom I actually haven't heard from since Katrina hit. I only hope and pray that everyone there, including your family is safe and well.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote