View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 12:18 PM   #57
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:If Bush was a Strong, decisive leader, we wouldnt see stories like this one!!!!but..of course he is not....

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
Are you kidding me? If the Dems don't come out now, then the party is crap for good. Anything like this will always be political. Are you kidding? Bush reaped every last ounce of political points out of 9/11 that he possibly could. Jesus, the whole republican platform these days is "terrorist terrorist terrorist terrorist" I honestly hate both parties to be quite frank, but I couldn't think of a more oppurtune time for the Dems. I'm sorry, but we can't just focus on the disaster and suddenly escape the blame game. I agree that we need to focus on the crisis right now. I actually am going to volunteer at Red Cross soon. My friend worked the night shift at the convention center. However, we can't let another "gee who cares if there are no WMDs, lets just focus on democracy in Iraq" thing happen again. This time, the American people won't be so lenient. I know I won't be.

So please post me the link where bush and republicans said that the democrats were responsible for 9/11 in the month after the attacks and congressional hearings should be held. I do seem to remember one howard dean (DNC) chairman and others positing this however.

Sure in the course of a political campaign, bush made the stark differences between the two parties on what is the correct response to the terrorist threat. Democrats pounded him on it and he pounded them back.

But again (other than wackos, who were promptly condemed by the right) I don't remember the RNC standing up and proclaiming that clintons poor handling of terrorism caused 9/11. I SURE as heck don't recall the MSM editorial pages stating this, nor do they now. These thoughts came out later, but were usually (as is the case here) in response to political attacks.

And I'm not proposing that bush or the guvment be absolved from blame here, but that the liberals/democrats could wait until a week later or possibly until folks could find their relatives and at least get some facts before they start the crapola. It started immediately from the far-left...Bush is racists, Bush is too busy on vacation, bush wasn't ready...bs,bs,bs...

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote