View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 03:49 PM   #96
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: If Bush was a Strong, decisive leader, we wouldnt see stories like this one!!!!but..of course he is not....

Sure african-americans contributed to our culture. But I don't think you can say that african heritage had made it into our societal constitution, laws, language etc. I think you are thinking more of something like pop-culture, not institutional culture which is what I was talking about. There certainly were not many african americans in the constitutional convention or in general government at all the 60's, that is more what I'm referring to.

And of course racism "exists". Black racism, white racism, hispanic racism, asian racism, muslim racism, hick racism, yankee racism, hindu racism, polish racism, sexism, classism, etc. (And I know that the examples I gave are not all "race" but I think you get my drift). But to my knowledge I don't recall laws barring any of those "races" from prospering?

But apart from racism existing, I do not feel it is relavant today to make policies to address it specifically although I sort of liked the NCLE . I think the way Bill Cosby is thinking is much, much more productive than what I hear from Al Sharpton and company.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote