View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 01:53 PM   #136
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Texas Longhorns - Road to the National Championship Thread!

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Originally posted by: Five-ofan
yeah, i know what you mean, yes vince is great however you also have a whole lot of other talent. Charles took the starting job last night btw. about Vince, generally in that scenario you want your qb to just go down and protect the ball. Live to play another day. However, if vince always just went down when most qbs should then what is special about him would go away. I agree with dirno, if you didnt gripe when he scored a td with it you cant gripe now(or actually you can but it still sounded good) Vince's strength vs other running qbs is his strength. Most running qbs are elusive. He is every bit as elusive as anyone but he is a hoss power wise too. Ut will have a couple of scares and i think that we will play them pretty tough(within 14) but i see them going undefeated. BTW tech's loss to ut will be their only loss this year going into the bowls
Give me a f'ing break. Get your collective head out of your asses. The play in question is a no brainer. The ball shouldn't have been thrown by any QB...Not by Favre...Not by Vick...Not by Young.

No one is attempting to reel VY in.. No one wants him to be less aggressive or anything like that. I completely understand that sometimes things will happen because he's attempting to stretch a play into a few extra yards...sometimes he might make a brilliant move and then get the ball stripped from behind. You have to take the good with the bad in those types of situations. However, his first interception does NOT fall into that category.

I realize that you have to take the good with the bad with this kid..because the good does far outweigh the bad...I also realize that some of the bad will always go along with the good with a QB such as this...sometimes the athleticism will result in putting yourself in a bad situation. But, it you cannot give him or anyone else a free pass on the first pick that he threw. That was just a stupid play by VY....end of story.
it was definitely a stupid play and decision on youngs part, theres no question about it.. i dont kno how anyone can defend that play

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote