View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 07:38 PM   #18
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Ladies, get your abortions NOW!!

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog

no, not anywhere close.

the 2 year old is born, recognized as a living being and is protected by the state.

looks like you were able to trump my supposed "most stupid hypothetical example" with one of your own.

No they were about equally stupid, as neither were a good analogy but each differed a different extreme. In yours you tried to make the analogy that a fetus was nothing more than a virus or bacteria. In my I made the analogy of a fetus being like a child. Actually I don't think mine was quite as dumb as yours, but it was close.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. I don't put the fetus life on par with a mothers if medical conditions conflict those two lives. But I certainly don't think that a fetus should be without rights alltogether either. When the abortion is no more than a choice for convenience, then I think the fetus's rights should prevail.