View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 08:55 AM   #8
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Pathetic Liberals invoke Katrina into Roberts Hearing...who didn't see that coming?

Quote:
The comments have everything to do with the role of the federal government, not "applying the law without reard to wealth and status".
And to which legal case or cases did they refer. By my count it was zero. No, it's pretty clear to me that Senators Kennedy and Leahy at best were campaigning for judicial legislation from the bench which is not nor should be the role of federal judges. But I don't even believe they were seriously attempting more than to take another advantage to exploit the victims of Katrina for their own political purposes and waste the time and money of an official Senate hearing on party politicing. Perhaps the future Chief Justice Roberts will see a case testing the legality of what Kennedy and Leahy did. That's about the closest that I can come to any justification of their duplicitous and unethical behavior. But even that is more of a stretch that I could find reasonable.