View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 01:55 PM   #16
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Pathetic Liberals invoke Katrina into Roberts Hearing...who didn't see that coming?

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Are you purposefully being stupid???? here's the quote about police corruption, the only place police corruption is mentioned in the article BTW:

Quote:
What Sherri was getting from last night's television coverage was a whiff of the sense of life of "the projects." Then the "crawl"—the informational phrases flashed at the bottom of the screen on most news channels—gave some vital statistics to confirm this sense: 75% of the residents of New Orleans had already evacuated before the hurricane, and of those who remained, a large number were from the city's public housing projects. Jack Wakeland then told me that early reports from CNN and Fox indicated that the city had no plan for evacuating all of the prisoners in the city's jails—so they just let many of them loose. [Update: I have been searching for news reports on this last story, but I have not been able to confirm it. Instead, I have found numerous reports about the collapse of the corrupt and incompetent New Orleans Police Department; see here and here.]
Notice the part about police corruption is in brackets and labeled as an Update, ie it wasn't even part of the original article. The update is stating that the author couldn't find an a news story in addition to the one already recounted to confirm that police let many of the prisioners loose because the city had no plan to evacuate the prisioners. He lists that he's found other reports about the collapse of the "corrupt and incompetent Police Department". But he doesn't draw this as a corrolation from with the projects. Instead it gives credibilty that to the report that the police may have just released prisioners. The release of the prisioners, many of whom the author claimed came from the projects, does tie back into his article. Only an obtuse and argumentative idealogue would make a claim that it was the authors intention to show that the Police corruption was a direct result of the Welfare state. If anything the police corruption added to and possibly was part of the root cause of the public housing project in New Orleans, but even that would be a stretch to say that the author clearly made that point.
uh, maybe it's just me, but the title of the story is "A Hurricane Exposes the Man-Made Disaster of the Welfare State", and the author has included in it a refernce to a "corrupt and incompetant police force", than you tell me how it has nothing to do with the title?

and please explain what this means: "If anything the police corruption added to and possibly was part of the root cause of the public housing project in New Orleans". I guess I'm too "stupid and obtuse" to make heads or tails of that non-sensical comment. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]

sheesh...
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote