View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 02:23 PM   #20
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Bush and wages in the gulf area

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
here's some of the contracts (no-bid BTW) already awarded:

"The Federal Emergency Management Agency has hired some of the nation's largest construction and engineering companies to provide emergency housing for people displaced by Hurricane Katrina."

link
Don't see where it says that there was not a bidding process involved. But I do see where it specifies that at least one contract includes "provisions for cost-plus, time and materials". It gives precious little information about the details of the contracts, the process the the companies went through to get the contracts, and the amount of the contracts. These could have been regionally preferred vendor contracts which are bid upon on a yearly basis. But even a preferred vendor contract doesn't necessarily preclude dishing out work to another competing vendor to get a better price. I've worked as a contractor for government projects before under similar contracts to which I mention. Bottom line is that it looks like you're assuming a heck of a lot her on very sketchy facts. You could just as likely be wrong as right based upon the facts in evidence.
I'm assuming nothing. I know I'm right, if you disagree show that I'm wrong.

you won't.

Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote