Thread: Mavs Luncheon
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 09:50 PM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavs Luncheon

DH, thanks very much for the writeup. I found it more intriguing than many of the media reports I've read the last few weeks.

I hope they're right about Diop. It's true that I'm someone who believes that a change of scenery can work wonders for a player. Obviously the kid had well-esteemed potential at one point. So did a lot of other guys who didn't make it, true. But it's probably also true that there are a number of factors besides physical talent that ultimately determine a player's success or failure. I'll keep a healthy, if tempered, optimism about Diop's chances to do well here.

Probably the most exciting part of your recap, to me, was the mention that KVH would play the five some. There's a chance I've been far too harsh in my criticism of AJ since he took the reins. If he's open to considering a style of play that has proven richly rewarding for this team off and on the past several years, despite his philosophical underpinnings that run to the contrary, then he will have earned my respect. He *has* said that he tries to pick up something from every coach and every team he's been around, so perhaps I should give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that some of Nellie's offensive genius has worn off on him.

So I think that based on this report I will indefinitely suspend my silent "Fire AJ" campaign and stand on his side for a while.

Go Mavs!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote