View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 10:54 AM   #38
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:F the Iggles Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
alby...the best Drew Bledsoe has played in his life? In his life? Do you realize that Drew Bledsoe is the 8th all-time leading passer in the game? Let me tell you, if you don't know: Drew has done this and then some. Many times before.

Now, if you mean that he is now wise and crafty, you will get no argument from here. Crap, I'm confused. He has had some brilliant seasons in the past, and I'm sure you know that. Are you making the case that he is now at the pinnacle of a brilliant career?
Early in his career, with the Patriots, he was setting records but at the same he was throwing interceptions, turning the ball over, and getting sacked.

His best season was in 1996, yes?
4000 yards 27 touchdowns 15 interceptions
QB rating: 83.7

Career Highs
QB rating: 87.7 in 1997
completion %: 61.5 in 2002
avg yds per completion: 7.5 in 1998

Dallas Cowboys 2005/2006 season
1351 yards 10 touchdowns 3 interceptions (1 rushing TD)
QB rating: 102.0
completion %: 61.6
avg yds per completion: 8.5

He is without a doubt the most efficient he has been in his career. Of course, the gun slinging numbers aren't there when he had to throw the ball 50 times a game, but was that really when he played his best football?

In spite of his storied, hall of fame career, he is in reality re-writing his career bests this season.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote