View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 01:25 AM   #897
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:What is spinning in your CD player right now?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Five-ofan
I am curious who you think is better that is alive. Im excluding the NWA guys because I dont like Ice Cube's rapping and honestly I forgot about Dre. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If you are arguing Dre thats cool because he was and still for the most part is awesome. Snoop Dog can also be put above Kanye without any complaint from me though I dont really care for him. If you are arguing people like Eminem or Fifty cent then you just need to stop. TI and Nelly I like alot but wouldnt classify as better than Kanye. Trick Daddy and some others are also good but I just dont like them as much.
Dr Dre needed good production and other popular artists (i.e. snoop, eminem, nate dogg) in his songs to sound good.
Can you name a classic Dre song where it was only him in the song?
It was too obvious on his albums that all of his time went into his beats and not his lyrics (a lot of the times sounded recycled from previous songs).
Eminem has the skill to be good but he trys so hard to be funny that it has gotten really annoying. And we all know by now how much he hates his ex-wife and mom and how much he loves his daughter. He has ran out of things to rap about and it really showed on his last album.
50 cent is horrible and Trick Daddy!??
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote