View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 04:21 PM   #43
MrCheerios

MrCheerios is on a distinguished road
Default RE:'Genuine' Spurs welcome Finley

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
You're comparing an aging guard to a top five power forward in his prime? That argument is off base.
No, I'm not. I hate to bring them up because they're almost obsessive, but Spurs fans loved Robinson even when he became a liability on both ends of the floor. They were extremely upset with the Rose/Mohammad trade, despite the fact that it brought them a young, 7ft center who was desperately needed in exchange for an overpaid, undersized, and aging PF that was not. Mohammad is good and they liked what he could bring, but they just hated losing a player. They appreciate all their former players, even Derek Anderson who had a childish spat with their management. The only person I see them not liking is Nesterovic, and they don't even bash him, they just admit that they don't need him. But they don't call him worthless, they don't call him a liability, and they don't want him cut.

Contrast their views toward Rasho with our views toward Finley, who was actually the backbone of our team for awhile, and you'll see why I call mavs fans unappreciative. We lost Fin for nothing and were glad for it. They lose bad players for good ones and are sad. See the difference? Even kings fans are more appreciative, and they're the biggest bandwagoners in the NBA. They still love Christie and Webber and those guys are way past their prime. Even though they were happy with the trades that got rid of those players kings fans have nothing but good to say about them. We're cut out of a different cloth.
MrCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote