View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 02:16 AM   #61
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:'Genuine' Spurs welcome Finley

Nash wasnt "clearly worth what he got paid" when he got that contract. As I recall there was a bunch of head scratching over what the suns were thinking. He turned out to be worth it for one year so far. The question was never would he be worth it last year or this year but going forward. He has never had an mvp level season in his career. Fin wasnt worth what he was getting paid and yes you do have to forget past contributions. That is just the way it is. Fin was a slightly lesser version of Mitch Richmond. He ended his career on the lakers to get a ring that he had nothing to do with. Fin has more left than Richmond did when he signed with the lakers but its a similar situation.

As a fan it sucks because I was a HUGE Nash fan and am actually happy he won the mvp because they just refuse to give it to Dirk. I am also a big Fin fan. I dont see how anyone who was a mavs fan in the dark days could not have a soft spot for him. He does not need to be mentioned in the same sentence as Drob or Dirk though. The reason spurs fans are less bitter is that they have less to be bitter about. They are one of the luckiest franchise in the nba. Lets get the first pick and draft a franchise big. Ok lets do it again while we still have the last one. The only luckier team was Houston with Akeem and sampson but Sampson getting hurt defeats that luck. Good lord they would have been incredible if he hadnt. Brings up an interesting idea. I dont think the bad boys would have ever won a title if he hadnt. That would have prevented the crappy basketball that followed them. Though really that type of basketball was empowered by Rileys Knicks. It was iniated by the bad boys. Better question. Would Jordans Bulls have beaten them? I think Jordan had 2 or 3 rings with Hakeem having 6 or 8 if Sampson never gets hurt. Just interesting idea. I know thats way off topic but its 213. Oh well.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote