View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 05:20 AM   #62
stuportremens

stuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to all
Default RE:'Genuine' Spurs welcome Finley

^^ It's stupid to think that only MVP-type players are worth Nash's contract.
Look around and you'll see lots of players that are worse than Nash earning the same or more money.

If you only look at the contracts Cuban signed, I think it's pretty obvious that both Raef and Damp have both gotten contracts of a similar caliber and neither is anywhere the player nash is. And Nash clearly wasn't much worse than Finley (I happen think he was the better player in the last 4 years or so), so trying to go cheap on Nash and offering him much less money than either Fin or Raef (and just a little later Dampier) got was out of proportion. And in hindsight it was one of the more stupid decisions that NBA owners have made.

Oh, and cutting Fin might have benefitted Cuban's pockets, but I doubt that it helps the Mavs very much. We'll see what happens when Dirk's current contract is up.
stuportremens is offline   Reply With Quote