View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 06:29 PM   #69
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:'Genuine' Spurs welcome Finley

Quote:
Originally posted by: stuportremens
Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
If Cuban his best to "tear this team apart," then he's certainly doing a very shitty job considering the fact that our franchise player is still here, and how much talent has come in these past two seasons. Jason Terry, Jerry Stackhouse, Keith Van Horn... not guys who would've been brought in, I think, if Cuban was trying to "tear the team apart." You may hate Erick Dampier, but he was essential to this team's success last year (and yes, as well as its shortcomings in the playoffs, but there's plenty of blame to go around.) All of your hate is made that much more irrational by the fact that we had the second best regular season record in franchise history last year.

The way our franchise is being ran Keith Van Horn, JET and Stackhouse will all be gone for nothin' in the next 2 years.
Actually, if you're going by Cuban's record... KVH, Jet, and Stack will all walk in free agency, but with the money the team saves, we'll sign quality players to replace them, and the team will actually get better for it. So even though they walk, you could hardly call them "gone for nothin" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Unfortunately, this team hardly has a history of great free agent signings and considering how frequently this team trades players they don't like I don't think we'll have an easy time convincing top free agents to sign here.
[img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img] I'm sick and tired of hearing this bullshit about how the reason we've had bad luck with free agents is because of some kind of fear the players have of being traded. That's ridiculous. The only reason we've missed out on free agents is because we're painfully over the cap. And really, who are the free agents we missed out on anyway? Zo? Olowakandi? Nesterovic? Malone? Stephen Hunter? The only relavent name that comes to mind is Brad Miller, whom we never aggressively pursued anyway.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote