View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 11:17 PM   #16
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas Cowboys Topics

Good for Dixon and Scott! Who would have figured. They were shallow in the defensive backfield, to be sure. Have been all year. Pile has a groin--and for that matter, so does Newman. Man, I'm just so happy for Dixon and Scott. Scott, especially. I hope he can get active on Sundays and do something on special teams.

The Ratliff news is not that surprising. The Cowboys have an abundance of depth on the defensive line. Hell, Kenyon Coleman started the first three or four games and has been inactive the last two or three in a row. Ogbogu bounces back and forth, too. Granted, both those guys are ends and Ratliff is a tackle, but still. They had a lot of depth on the defensive line, and lack of depth elsewhere, so this is not a big surprise. In fact, it was a major surprise that both Ratliff and Pepper Johnson, a fellow rookie, made the team in the first place.

I would imagine that Thomas pushed to get cut. The trade deadline has passed. I'm sure we will hear that this was a way for Thomas to get some playing time somewhere. The Cowboys called New Orleans earlier to see if they wanted him, but no trade occured. I wouldn't be surprised if he signed there.

I dont think this necessarily says a whole lot about Thompson, though. Rather, I think it says that Jones is well and will be back after the bye. They may continue giving Thompson spot duty by giving him one series (or part of one series) a half or a game, but they aren't ready to have him in the game on passing downs with any regularity.

This Cowboys team is going to be tough. And next year it gets only tougher. Just thinking ahead, where does the first-round pick go next year? Probably offensive line. Hell, the first two might go offensive line. We could probably use another young receiver and safety. But don't forget that we have Beriault back next year at safety.

It's a fun time to be a Cowboys fan.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote