View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 04:36 PM   #6
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:College Football Thread for November 3rd (Week 10)

The big 12 isnt the big 10. The conference is massively underrated/overcriticized. Right now as far as conferences go its Pac 10 at the top I know I cant believe it either. Then the big 12, sec and acc are all in a jumble. The Sec is probably second followed by the big 12 followed by the incredibly overrated ACC. Tech is a hell of a lot better than you are giving them credit for Ocelot. Tech is better than everyone but maybe LSU in the SEC and better than everyone but Miami and probably VT in the ACC. However VTs supposed greatness is in question. Name one really good team they beat. Oh wait they havent beaten anyone that is that good. Tech hasnt either but i would bet you that if Tech played Vatech it would be a close game. Back to the ranking of the coferences. Ill rank the top 4 teams from each conference.
Pac 10 Big 12 SEC ACC
USC UT LSU Miami
Oregon Tech Bama VT
UCLA(maybe) Colorado Georgia FSU
Cal OU Auburn BC

Granted this hurts a conference like the SEC with more depth so they get the tiebreaker but really the strength of a conference is at the top. USC and UT are clearly the class of the nation so the PAC 10 and Big 12 get the nod for top team greatness. Second teams. They are all about even. For right now I would give the nod to Bama because they are undefeated but they have a bad loss coming and it wont be to a team as good as the one that beat any of the other 3 teams. I know im gonna get ripped for saying Tech is as good as VT but they are. VT has a great D and a decent to good O. Tech has a great O and a good to very good D. Oregon has to be in the discussion because they have lost to only USC. 3rd teams. Georgia or bama depending upon which you believe is the 3rd best team in the SEC is clearly the best team out of these, no real need to discuss why. 4th teams. Auburn. Not really close. Essentially, the big 12 and Pac 10 are the strongest at the top while the Sec has the most balance. The ACC is just overrated as hell.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote