View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 10:49 PM   #11
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE:College Football Thread for November 3rd (Week 10)

Quote:
Originally posted by: Five-ofan
I thought about moving the SEC up when I did that comparison. That said, the reason the SEC is open for upsets is because there is not a single great O in the SEC and a bunch of good Ds. That leads to the possibility of an upset. You are underrating Tech. They would be BY FAR the best O in the SEC. You think maybe the greatness of the SEC's Ds might be related to the crappiness of their offenses? Its the same argument for the pac 10 about their Os. The pac 10s Os look better because their Ds suck. You can argue that the SEC doesnt have a single GOOD offense. I wouldnt do it but its a makeable argument. If everyone tries to win the game 6-3 then there is more of a chance of an upset. Just the way it is.
There might not be a "great" offense, but there are plenty of GOOD offenses combined with GREAT defenses.