View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 07:37 PM   #39
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah
What would taking a drug test do though? It'd confirm that he either has marijuana in his system or doesn't right? Why does that have any bearing on whether the pipe was his or not?

Seems a better way to confirm that the pipe is not his is to get his friend to make a statement, include the telephone conversations between him and Mike before the arrest, and include the drug rehab records to show that it is reasonable that the friend owned the pipe. That was what was suggested in the ESPN.com article I read, but Mike seemed against that.
The reason Mike thinks that is that he probably knows public perception will be that he paid off his friend.

Nobody particularly cares about the pipe. It's what the pipe implies, IE, Irvin is still using drugs. A drug test will prove whether or not he is still using.

Frankly, I don't really care whether or not he is using drugs. He appears to want to protect his kids, and that is absolutely something I can get behind. Other than that, I have no problem with his life choices.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote