Thread: Dirk vs. Kobe
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 05:11 PM   #61
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop
how can you compare dirk and kobe. they play different positions and styles of ball. dirks a better rebounder but that is in part becuase hes 7 feet tall. kobe is a better ballhandler/penatrator b/c hes smaller and faster. if you are comparing what they do for their teams I would say its a draw. both are unstopable most of the time and neither of them where valued under shaq by their respective teams, so the arugment would be better suited for dirk/kg or kobe/tmac.
There we go, great post. Also AxdemxO it was quite a bit easier to make the playoffs in the east and that Heat team also had Eddie Jones, Grant, Haslem, and a couple other notable people on it.

Quote:
so tell me just how the rockets had more weapons again? you keep making excuses for the lakers, citing the coaching situation last year. well, this year they have arguably the best coach in the game, yet they still stink. whats their excuse now?
As Dirno said they were a very good defensive team and if you swap TMAC for Kobe you're left with:
Mutombo vs. Mihm (I'll take Mutombo even if he is 65)
Yao vs. Odom (Yaooo all the way.)
Sura vs. Atkins (pretty much a swap; Sura had more assists, but Atkins shot just a little better from 3 point land)
Juwan Howard vs. Brian Cook (Juwan had the better season)
Jumain Jones/Devin George vs. Mike James/Barry (Hate to break it to you but the houston lineup is better once again)

Ok lets add that up.
LA-0
Hou-4
1 Tie

Plus you add in the fact Houston had a much better team defense, which you just can't blame on Kobe considering he is a great defender.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote