Thread: reggie bush
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 12:03 AM   #38
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
He is 6 5 runs a 4.4 to 4.5 is an incredible athlete, has great hands. Pretty much all the things that made people think Jones could be a receiver but VY would be better than Jones. He is a better runner. Not faster but much more elusive and powerful as far as avoiding tackles. I think VY will be fine as a qb. Its just that if that fails he could be a receiver as a fall back.
He has great hands? How the hell do you know that? Matt Jones played WR in high school (and QB) and spent lots of time at WR at Arkansas in practices and in some games his freshman and junior seasons. He had SOME experience. Matt is faster than VY, so we agree there. MJ owns the SEC's record for most rushing yards ever for a QB. That's certainly nothing to scoff at. You factor in the fact that no one respects Arkansas' ability to pass and that he played in the toughest conference in the world and the fact that he had the success he had is even more amazing. MJ is one of the most underrated athletes to come out of college in the last 10 years. How do you set that SEC QB rushing record, be a contributor for a D1 basketball team (not saying his numbers were great...but tough as hell, smart, and willing to do all the little things...perfect role player), and then set some type of record at the NFL combine for the 40 (no one that heighth and weight has ever run NEAR as fast as MJ did)...and STILL be doubted?

And no one here thought Matt Jones would be a good receiver but me and BBL. Everyone else here thought he'd be a bust. I'd like to here those same people's arguements now, cause MJ was a helluva lot more prepared for life as an NFL WR than VY will be if that's the route he's forced to go.