Thread: Soriano Traded!
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 04:41 PM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop
heres my problem with the trade, Sori gives good numbers year in and year out, here and with the yanks. While he is error prone, he is a very steady player.

Wilkerson had a very good year two years ago but struggled last year batting lead off through injurys.

sledge had a good rookie year but once again struggled through injurys.

I don't like to trade for possible one season wonders when it envolves a proven player. I don't know anything about the prospect but I don't see this as a good trade. I hope I'm wrong, and time will tell, but give me a proven (multi year) in return or younger prospects.

just because someone differs from your opinion deos not mean they don't follow as close as you do, it just means they are right and your wrong=)
What he means is, only casual baseball fans believe that Soriano "gives good numbers year in and year out". Soriano puts up glamour numbers. But they are largely hollow, and also, in his time with the Rangers, were VERY, VERY dependant on being at The Ballpark in Arlington. If you take a look at his OBP, his inability to draw walks to see pitches, and his dreadful, DREADFUL production on the road, you woudl understand Soriano is an average player for any position, and when you taken into account his defense...well...he's not exactley a hot commodity.

You just wait and check out Sori's numbers in the NL in that pitcher friendly park, and check out Wiklerson's numbers here. I'm betting Wilkerson, if healthy, posts better numbers almost across the board.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote