View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 09:26 PM   #20
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Why you hatin' on FUN CENTRAL mavdog?

The Cowboys museum will be a year-round draw. Will people drive for miles and miles just to see some 40 year old jockstraps - probably not. Will people drive for miles and miles to see some 40 year old jockstraps if they can also go to Wet'n'Wild and Six Flags in the same weekend - yes.

I said long term MD. Yes that part of Arlington need sprucing up - but to say it'll turn out like Texas Stadium is ridiculous. That stadium was designed to get people in and out fast without consideration for aesthetics or community. The Jerrydome is being strategically placed to enhance the area around it - taking into account the attractions already there and the ones yet to be concieved.

High density residential projects should be the only questionable venture. Retail? Restaurants? Light Commercial? I'd jump at the right opportunity. My father and I have looked at two properties on division west of the site. They would need to be re-zoned, but I think a Sportsbar/shopping center would be high risk, higher reward.