Thread: Dirk vs. Kobe
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 10:36 PM   #83
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman reloaded
If you go back and read my posting carefully, you'll find out that I was talking about the WC 02 and not the EC 05. In 02, Dirk and a bunch of scrubs finished 3rd while the US with a team stacked with All-Stars finished 6th. I choose this example to point out that it is indeed possible for a very good player to take a below-average team to a level it wouldn't have been dreaming of. Dirk did it, so if Kobe was even better than Dirk, as some in this thread seem to think, he shouldn't have any problems to lead the Lakers at least to the playoffs, especially with a sidekick as good as Odom.
What do you think would have happened if, instead of a tournament that becomes single elimination after pool play, every team in the WC's had to play 82 games?