View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 01:11 PM   #21
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

cap, if it's "fun central" to you than that's what it is. I will never again disparage the fine community of Arlington, and will hereafter cease applying the moniker of "seedy" to its exciting and varied assortment of entertainment destinations.

OTOH, I will also take the position that the City will NEVER get a return on the big ole pile of money that they so willingly threw at the Joneses, as the Cowboys went through the motions and acted like the proverbial hooker, going from city to city seeking the best "trick" they could get. The best thing about the deal struck for the citizens of Arlington is that about 25% of the cost will be borne by non-Arlington residents who come to Arlington and spend their dollars at the Parks Mall and adjacent retailers, the many chain eateries that line the interstates, and good ole Six Plags and its sister Hurricane Harbor.

I'm not aware of any sports stadium that on its own was the catalyst for a resurgence of a market. As a part of a redevelopment initiative yes, as was done in Baltimore, Denver and Houston, where othericomponents (such as high density residential, retail and office providing daytime population) were underway in conjunction with the stadium's development.

I don't expect Arlington to be any different.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote