View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 02:00 PM   #22
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

http://www.arlington.org/ - a.k.a. "fun central TM" to the chamber of commerce. To me arlington is the place I spent my first 20 years...

Speaking to whether or not the city recoups their investment - whatever. I'm sure they'll make substantial sums through taxes, licences, fees, etc. Couple that with the hits on tourists and possible special event windfalls and I think partnering with the devil (jones) was a smart move. In general, those investors/entreprenuers good at making money will find ways to make money and, in turn, show arlington visitors a good time. Does that mean Johnson Creek will become the long discussed arlington riverwalk - I dunno.

If nothing else, Hotel la Capitalcity's Parents House will be renting rooms to superbowl visitors at $149.00 a night.

Breakfast is complimentary.