View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 03:13 PM   #11
Day1MavsFan

Day1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really nice

I'm pretty happy with Avery right now, and I think he has what it takes to bring a trophy here. Very few coaches would have a 15-5 record right now, considering the schedule and the injuries.

However, I think you are being too generous, G-Man. As in:

1) He has not gotten Dirk to play in the post, as he had said he would. His outside shot is alive and well, but his inside play is MIA (save the first half against Indiana).

2) While he has instilled a commitment to defense (half the battle), the goal has yet to be reached. It's still a work in progress, that is on schedule. Yes, progress has been made, but we are not the Grizzlies yet.

3) I'm not sure I'd call Damp's play decent. I think he's playing under par. Imagine if we didn't have Diop, but a more average back-up center. Then how glaring would Damp's under-acheivement be? This was Avery's guy, remember.

Again, I like the job Avery is doing. I'm just saying that I haven't seen him get a whole lot more out of any players than what was expected.
Day1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote