View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 05:00 PM   #14
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I think that would be the perfect role for JT. You're not going to find a player as talented as Jet with a better attitude. Hopefully he'll settle for a 6th man role to stay with a championship caliber team that he feels comfortable with.

It'll be interesting to track Avery's substitution patters at the one for the next couple of games. A few days back he made the comment that playoff basketball is about "driving and dishing". Well over the past few games, Devin has been slowly making the transition from always finising at the rim to ocassionally kicking the ball out to the open man. If this continues it would seem that Devin, while still not as trustworthy as Jet IMO, is a better fit for what AJ wants to do.
I think this is what everybody hopes happens -- Harris continues to mature into the starting role and JET becomes the 6th man and clutch shooter off the bench. Personally, I see no reason for it not to happen, either at some point this season or at the beginning of next season. Harris is clearly more talented than JET, but as dude pointed out he has to rediscover his jumpshot and he needs to continue to become more effective as a playmaker. Once he gets to that point, I'm confident he'll be starting or at least on the floor at the end of games.