View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 05:53 PM   #28
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
If we brought Artest into Dallas he'd put us over the top. That's how good he is. He's exactly what we need at the 2/3 spot. He's what Josh Howard wants to be. The problem and huge risk here is his attitude. Same thing we said about Nick Van Exel who had a very similiar situation to the one Artest had last year. Pistons took the same risk with an unhappy Rasheed Wallace and received a championship title in return. These guys are unhappy because they play for bad teams. What is there for Artest to be unhappy about here? He's going to start. He's going to recieve however minutes he deserves. He has a chance at a title and he has a head coach who's played the game just like he has. Being that Artest wants out he's going to be given away in a bargain deal. Mavs maybe could get him in a steal. I'd trade him for anyone not named Josh, Dirk, Marquis or Harris. You trade any players on this team not named those guys it will not hurt your team. This team doesn't live or die with KVH or Stackhouse and with the way Harris is playing as of late I may do a Terry for Artest deal.
For the case of Nick and Rasheed, they have already been paid and were not looking for money. Nick was even willing to renegotiate the last couple of years in his contract to make it easy for the Mavs to keep him. They are on the downward slope of their careers and just want a ring. Artest wants to go to a team to rack up the stats for a big payday in a couple of years. So I guess he wouldn't mind going to New York or any leastern teams for that matter. With a bad team his stats would look great. Indiana is not a shabby team to begin with, and if he does not want to go west, he has maybe 2 options to win a title this year - Miami and Detroit. So what does that say of his interest in a title?