View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 01:15 AM   #33
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Dirkenstein replied before I could. Sheed's nickname was "CTC" that's tells you what his interests were. I actually remember him being interviewed and saying all he wanted was a check. Artest is the type of player we need in here. I'm not saying trade our youth or our all stars for him. Just make an offer. Offer KVH, Stack or JET. If they don't want to except fine. But atleast make an attempt at one of the best defenders in the league.
If I remember correctly, the situation with Rasheed is a little different. He was discontent with the team for whatever reason and wanted out. There was a lot of trade rumors flying around. So when ask which team he'd rather go to, he said it didn't matter as long as they "cut the check". It wasn't like he was trying to secure a bigger contract or anything. He just wanted out of Portland and provide his services to whichever team that is payrolling him. Artest on the other hand wants to be a primma donna and boost his offensive stats so that he can have a huge payday in a couple of years.