View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 10:55 AM   #29
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

If you watch Finley play you can tell he's not washed up. As a Fin fan I wish he was still here but for the team Daniels is best fitted. As stated above by other members, Finley just couldn't play for AJ. Whether it was an injury he suffered last year or whatever it just wasn't working out for Finley or the Mavs. What's surprised me this year is his defense. He's been playing solid defense that allows Popovich to play Finley in the clutch at times. Its easy to look at stats and attempt to determine how well a player is playing but while some feel Finley wasn't a fit for the Mavs he's definately a fit for the Spurs. Spurs in the years past have been probably one of the worst free throw shooting teams in the NBA. That's been their only weakness. Adding Fin gave them a 84% free throw shooter who can come in and shoot free throws in the clutch. He's been called to do so all season long and he's gotten it done. Looking at his stats he's just having problems with his jumper. He's always been a good jump shooter so i'd imagine that will go up some points as the year goes on. He had a good game yesterday. Came through in the clutch for arguably the best team in the NBA. Not to mention playing alongside the best player in the NBA. Hope it works out for Fin over there. But if the Spurs and Mavs happen to meet in the playoffs Go MAVS!

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 12-14-2005 at 10:56 AM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote