View Single Post
Old 04-29-2002, 05:08 PM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Link

Posted on Sun, Apr. 28, 2002
Zimmerman's condition uncertain
RANGERS NOTES
By T.R. SULLIVAN
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

ARLINGTON - The possibility of Jeff Zimmerman pitching for the Rangers at all this year, or at least anytime soon, is growing increasingly remote.

Zimmerman, on the disabled list with inflammation and bone spurs in his right elbow, threw for a second consecutive day in the outfield Saturday and was not happy with the results.

"It's not bad. It's just not progressing," Zimmerman said. "It's basically flat-lining."

Zimmerman is on the 60-day disabled list and can't come off until June 1. But exploratory surgery is a possibility, and the Rangers know Zimmerman won't be ready for a long time, if at all. The Rangers are bracing for the possibility he won't pitch this season.

"The longer it goes, the greater the reality that is," general manager John Hart said. "I've been worried about it since the first week of the season. I never envisioned it lasting this long."

Zimmerman has undergone several MRI exams that have shown no significant damage to the ligament or tendons.

Hart said he spoke with Dr. John Conway, and the Rangers options are to either have Zimmerman pitch through the pain or undergo surgery to find out exactly what is wrong.

"The biggest thing is, let's find out what it is," Hart said. "I just don't have my arms around it."

Conway said he thinks Zimmerman will pitch at some point this season.

"He's just going over his options and deciding what he wants to do in the next two or three weeks," Conway said. "But if I were a betting man, I'd say he'd pitch again this year."
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote