View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
oh gosh, it's all about the 2000 election you say.

of course, the concept of public funds being given to parochial schools doesn't seem to bother you, but (surprise!) it does bother those of us who want to maintain the constitutional mandated prohibition of the State supporting religious activities. where is that strict constuctionism of the US Constitution that you profess to support?

I wonder how you would feel if some of the monies were going to be spent on Islamic schools. Are you OK with that?
No it's not all about the 2K election, just funny to see the ridiculous florida supreme court puff up its chest and harm children. Pretty progressive.

And no I don't give a damn if it's islamic or not. What I want to be honest is to have the school boards/unions blown up everywhere. I think they are political arms at best and union arms at worst. They don't work, they continue to prove they don't work but because the NEA and the democrats are so enamored of it, they are willing to throw children under the bus year after year after year to protect their political and financial power.

The NEA is NOT griping about this because of state/church issues and I would imagine that most are not either. It's about POLITICS and MONEY dude.

If you think so I'd like to see something objective supporting that. And it can't be a push-poll. Why do the inner-cities overwhelmingly support it? It sure as heck isn't because of church/state seperation.

And just to stay on topic, THIS ruling wasn't even about church/state issues it seemed, but the MERE fact that the school system isn't socialized.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote