View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine what must be going through Pop's head. The Pistons have manhandled the Spurs this season. The Spurs might have made a run but it's like Detroit was just toying with them.

I've watched both games and it's amazing how flat the Spurs have played against them. They've been outhustled and outrebounded. You can almost excuse missed shots but to come out completely flat against a team that is going to bring it is just terrible.

Finley has been terrible offensively the last 5 games. Pop's said he'll put Manu back in the starting lineup and was surprised he didn't do so tonight. They need that energy from the start and no one is better at it than Ginobli. Fin did a good job while Manu was out but he wasn't brought in to start and no way Pop can justify starting Fin over Manu now that he's healthy.

Pop reminds me of Nellie this year. He's toying with rotations and using different lineups game to game. He's treating Nazr like Bradley even though he makes a difference in the game. You have to wonder at what point Pop nails down the rotation and sticks with it. It's like guys don't know their roles. Not to mention that Pop isn't sticking with what he knows works and is making adjustments based on what the other coach is doing.

As Dirno said, the Mavs need to make there move now because they need to before the Spurs figure it out. No better time than now to overtake them.

Last edited by MavsFanFinley; 01-12-2006 at 10:44 PM.
MavsFanFinley is offline   Reply With Quote