Thread: Dumping Dampier
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 02:08 AM   #1
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default Dumping Dampier

Well, with the Mavs all jumping off the Dampier bandwagon for the time being (or at least trying desperately to motivate him), it might be time to start looking at places where Damp could fit.

We know he's got a nasty contract. But he can rebound, and he has size. I would think that some team in the East who is worried about running into Shaq would like to have someone like Damp.

We also know that if Damp leaves the Mavs will have a little bit of a hole at the 5, and we know the team will need some real help on the boards.

Chicago has given the impression that they might be sick of Chandler. He's been bad since he got paid. They also have Tim Thomas to move. They'll want to keep their cap room, but Van Horn could be someone to grease the wheels and keep their cap room.

Indiana is wanting to make a deal, I hear They used to like Damp.

New York seems to like big contracts, and they certainly have people to send back to Dallas.

Orlando might be crumbling a little bit. Cato and Battie are in their last year though, so they may hesitate to deal either of them.

Portland might deal Theo Ratliff and junk, but I think they want Joel Prizybilla to be their center. Who wants to pay that kind of money for a backup center? Insert your Mavs joke here...

Toronto needs a big guy who could be an enforcer for Bosh. Unfortunately, they don't have any rebounders or decent bigs to send back.

Utah may be completely sick of Carlos Boozer by now. Boozer can rebound and even score inside, but he's not a great defender.

That's about all I come up with. I hope the Mavs are able to do something to salvage this situation. Honestly, the best solution would be for Damp to just help his team more.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote