View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 06:04 PM   #10
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In a sense that's true, but it's hard to feel sorry for him when he essentially made his bed by running Shaq out of town. The reason his teammates are not as good as they used to be is that he demanded that Shaq be traded and the team be built around him.
There's some truth to that and for that reason I don't feel sorry for Kobe. I wouldn't even call myself a Kobe fan. I just don't think you can knock his game based on that.

Also Mitch has done a poor job of putting a team around him. There's a chance that we could have offered a better package for Shaq than they ultimately got but Mitch wouldn't even take our calls.

Can he win a title without another superstar? I guess that depends on what you mean by superstar. I do think that you can win a title if Kobe's you're best player. The Lakers have a ton of cap room next summer and I can't imaging that they won't be able to get a really good player to come to LA (I hope it's not Dirk). So in a couple of years a lot of the Kobe questions will be answered.