View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 12:18 PM   #12
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ok, i promised, so here's an actual lead-in from Stuart Scott from a few years back, when Michigan State made it to the final four (either 2000 or 2001). This was about the time that the song "Forgot About Dre" was popular.

Anyway, come back from a commercial. Scott is on-screen with the Michigan State logo over his shoulder. He then says (with no other lead-in):

"Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got somethin to say
but nothin comes out when they move their lips;
just a bunch of gibberish
Everybody act like they forgot about State"

That's it. goes right into the story by the field reporter. I remember it like it was yesterday, as I remember being actually angered by how ridiculous it was.

as if the "pooky and Ray-ray" thing isn't bad enough, we have to get garbage like this.