View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 07:27 PM   #66
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Great news. I'm really glad for the Pacers, and for Peja. Indiana came out of this thing pretty damn good IMO. They get a damn good player who should fit in nicely, and they probably haven't lost too much ground, or perhaps none at all in the standings at the end of the season. Even if Artest hadn't asked for a trade and was still a Pacer, it's highly doubtful that their record would be as good as detroit's, and since they're in the same division the best they could hope for would be the 4th see anyway, which is about where they're at.

I wonder where they'll go from here. Looks like they're pretty solid at every position except for center. Of course, the team has been coping with injuries all season, and this doesn't make the situation any better, but either way they're certainly better off than they were before. I think next year, if they re-sign Peja and get someone in the middle, they'll be back in the championship hunt.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote